Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 24 Farm Fresh Shopping Trip

On August 24, I went shopping to get a few items before hurricane Irene decided to come and drop by for a visit. I made a very few simple purchase and I ended up getting a free water coupon.

However, I picked up only a few food items and some snacks to hold us over in case we loss power. My complete total of my purchase was $43.43. Coupons total was $27.00. Out of pocket, I spent $16.43 and received a Catalina for $4.50 for my water. Giving me a saving of 63%.

Before I walked out the door, I remember I needed bags of ice. Farm Fresh had ice on sale for 2 for $4.00. I got 3 bags of ice and a case of water. Farm Fresh took the whole $4.50 off my order which gave me my case of water free and $.62 off a bag of ice. Not counting my green bags counted for 3 bags of $.05 each off my total. My total order was $9.98. Coupons total was $4.50. Out of pocket, I spent $5.48. Not bad for my purchase. Giving me a saving of 46% on my last purchase.

Adding both together, I had a total of $53.41, coupons of $31.50. Out of pocket $21.91. Saving of 59%.

That was a great trip. Wish I would have did this the day before when I went for supplies for the hurricane with batteries, light fuel, hurricane oil, and 4 case of water. But that is okay, I still did a great job. I will continue to go a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment