Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Apple Cake Recipe

Tonight, I made a apple cake that I have been craving for the last 2 weeks. I used a cake mix and added my own stuff to it. It was so awesome and I know I will be making it again. Robert and Tyler enjoyed it a lot and as of right now, there is only 1/8 of the cake left. My recipe that I used is listed below.

Apple Cake Recipe

1 box betty crocker super moist cake (yellow)
1 1/2 tbsp apple pie spice
1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon 
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
5 peeled, core and cut apples ( I used pommes apples)

Glaze:
1/4 butter melted
1/8 brown sugar

Prepare:
Combine Cake mix, apple pie spice, cinnamon, sugar together and mix. Add oil, water and eggs as you would normally from back of cake box. Mix for about 2 minutes and then fold in the apples. 

Cake pan, spray with non-stick spray and flour and then pour in cake batter. Cook for 35 - 40 minutes. I cooked in a bundt cake pan, Once done, let cool for about 5 minutes. 

While cake is cooling, prepare the glaze on stove top by melting butter and stir in brown sugar. Once melted, pour on cake and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Then ready to eat. I wish I would have taken a picture of this. I will the next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment