Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 26th - 28th, 2011 Greensboro, NC trip

I had plan to stay home for the hurricane, but Robert sent Tyler and myself away from the house. We ended up going to Greensboro, NC to my sister SIL's house and stayed until Sunday. I was very impressed with myself. When we left the house, we had $200 on us for gas and other needs. I spent $37.00 for gas in the truck for the trip down there. O'course, I had already filled up the gas tank on Tuesday, August 23 for the hurricane. I was impressed that I only used 1/2 tank of gas for the trip down to Greensboro. I had to stop and get a light bulb for the truck and I replaced in myself in the parking lot. However, the bulb still didn't work even after replacing it. My father messed with the fuses to try to get the cigeratte lighter to work so I had a GPS for the trip down and back, I didn't have the gps, I had to print out directions and use Tyler as my side kick for directions. That was interesting, however, he did good with directions and texts for me until we came home when he went to sleep. He was the one who made me spend the $17.84 for the light bulb that I did not need, but have a back up now. However, we did make it down there. On the way home, we stopped and filled the tank up again and I spent $39.04 at the gas station. Stopped at McDonalds for lunch and spent $10.66 and at Food Lion for 2 bags of sugar at $6.51. Then when we got to the 7-11 by the house, I spent $8.40 for 4 newspaper. I ended up spending the for the whole trip $119.45. I ended up giving $81.00 back since I used some of my loose change for the change for some of the purchases. I did not do a bad job and when I got home, I had 3/4 tank of gas in the truck. I did so great this past weekend. Yeah for me..

No comments:

Post a Comment